UPDATE: from mucus plug question to preterm labor????

👩🏻
So earlier today I posted about whether I was losing my mucous plug. There was no bloody show. Just yellowish guck. The night before I had really sharp pains, but they were not consistent. They went away. I also felt a heaviness. Then a few twinges this morning.
I called my doc to ask if this is normal. She told me I should come in to pick up an order to go to an imaging center for an ultrasound. When I got there, she said she wanted to check me out, and said he discharge could be hormonal.  After doing a cervical check, she made some discouraging sounds as she was thinking out loud. Then she performed a transvaginal ultrasound and concluded that my cervix is opening. She said if I get to the hospital they can give me some medicine to keep him in longer, or they could keep me overnight.
I could have my baby at 27 weeks.  I am so nervous. I want him to stay in longer. Never mind that we have no clothes, no bassinet, nothing. We had a plan. We had a baby shower scheduled. I just feel in shock and confused.
I take comfort in that God is not surprised; and I am praying for my son and I just have so much hope.