what should I do ?!?!

Amanda
2 months back this guy whom I have been taking classes with In the university asked me out and everything is going grate ... except the part that when we first started "dating " we both had resently come out of a bad relationship and because of this we wanted to be just friends with benefits or as I see it an open relationship in a way ..... the thing is that even tho he said  he didn't want a relationship with me 
Ever since that moment we have seen each other almos every day he even spent Christmas with me and my family, even though the friend with benefits thing we don't have the benefits part every time we most of the time just stay at my place watching tv or hangingout with friends and the way he acts with me it's like if we are a couple... I know that he has gone through some stuff and that's the reason why he doesn't want a relationship but because of all the mixed signals he has been giving me I'm really confused and idk if I should ask him or not ( if he changed his mind or not) because even if I want him to give me a chance to be his gf I really like what we have together and I don't what to mess that up and I really need advise on what to do  I would appreciate it if I can get an opinion from someone. 
Thanks in advance