Hospital Rant

Anna

I went to the ER on Monday. I had been brown-spotting since the previous Monday. I was not worried about that, as it was not even enough to cover a liner. On Sunday it picked up and turned red. Of course, with the holidays, my OB's office was not open. When I got there, the receptionist told me it would be about three hours. After five hours, I finally got into a room, because as a woman with an early pregnancy, I am priority 0. It took them an entire hour to draw my blood. I was even hydrated. They got blood work back, and the doctor informed me my HCG levels were not high enough to do an ultrasound. The doctor said that the levels were around 2,000. Fine. He sends me to get more blood work today. When I called to get results, she said there were no records to compare today's results with. As in, they used the machine that verifies pregnancy with blood. It only says +/- 500 according to the lady that helped me. Now, I don't even know. The lab had no records of a quantitative HCG test from Monday, even though the doctor said they had run one. I'm still bleeding, although it's light, and I still have no answers. Of course, I'm trying to contact my OB, but it's a crazy couple of weeks with the holiday. Sorry, I know this is long, but I'm so pissed about the situation with the hospital. I'm not saying that women shouldn't go to the ER for major stuff, but that's the last time I go there instead of my OB.