I've been empowered

Kassydi
I read a post from a girl named Camryn, and it's given me the strength to talk about a similar situation I've experienced. In late July I was at my home drinking, I am used to drinking strong liquor but fireball really does me in. I remember my friend asking if he could come over after work and I said yes if he'd bring me a milkshake, he got over late and we went to my room to watch Bobs Burgers, by that time I was completely trashed and passed out. I woke up slightly because he started to kiss me, I kind of faded in and out but remember that he was on top of me and once I realized what was happening I guess he was finishing then everything went black. I woke up and didn't remember anything at all until I went to the bathroom, I was sore and had hickeys. He left then I texted him asking what had happened. He simply replied "oh yeah, we had sex but it was totally consen" I told him that I didn't remember anything, that if I was sober I wouldn't have had sex with him beavuse I didn't like him that way, then he proceeded to send me all this research he had done saying it was hours after I passed out that I couldn't have been drunk anymore because a person can't be drunk for more than 4 hours. He told me that I liked it and treat I was into it, and when I stopped replying he got nervous and had his friend start messaging me, he had told him friend we had sex and that I regretted it. When I told my mom she said that she would report it if I could remember anything but since I couldn't it was his word against mine and nothing would be done, sadly I knew that was true. I kept it between me and my mom, she didn't want me to tell anyone because she is the one who supplied the alcohol. I went through a horrible bout of depression and wouldn't leave my room because I felt like if that could happen to me on my own home, what could happen to me outside of my home. Then I got a job at Bath and body works to help me become more social. I stopped talking to all my friends and wouldn't go out and do anything..but then I started to hook up with random people to just feel something. I went out for the first time a few days ago, I drank for the first time and I'm starting to get my social life back, I'm starting to talk to my friends again, but I realize now that even though it wasn't a vicious, violent assault it was an assault and I need to speak up about it....so I want to thank Camryn for helping me realize that...