Anemia and contact lenses.

🦇𝓡

Hey, guys! So I'm looking to become a flight attendant in February when I turn 20. I just read through all the requirements and they do eye tests and blood work. They check for signs of infection, HIV, and anemia in the blood and my eyes have to 20/40. They also prefer contact lenses.

While I'm clear on everything else, I'm anemic and I need glasses. I've been anemic since I was 12. It got really bad when I was 14 to the point where I had to take supplements every single day otherwise I would've needed a blood transfusion. My question for this portion is, is there anyway to cure anemia? I know iron helps. I also can't eat meat. I'm allergic to pork and I've been a vegetarian (not really because I can eat chicken and be fine) so long that eating any meat makes me sick. I have cramps, I throw up, I sweat profusely, it's just bad...

As far as my eyes go, I do need glasses. Airlines prefer contact lenses. We all know that when they say "prefer" they really want it so... Here's the thing, my doctor won't prescribe me contact lenses. He says they're unnecessary. I don't know what to do about that. Anyway I can convince him or anything?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 😊