Menastrin problems

Ashley
Okay guys. I've been using <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> for a while, but this is my first post - so be gentle 😝
When I was about 18/19 yoa, I started getting absolutely terrible cramps on my left side. I wasn't able to get out of bed, and there were a few times I almost passed out from the pain. My dr did a bunch of tests, and it turns out I have an overactive left ovary that is basically just sensitive to hormones (he gave it a name but it's been a long time and I really don't remember it lol). He said basically I had two options to solve it: I could have a baby (which was basically impossible because of my situation at the time) or I could go on a really strong bc pill, so I chose to get on a pill.
There was about a year of trial and error, and since then I have been on Loestrin (and now Minastrin, even though it is legitimately the same friggin pill, they just changed the name so they could renew the license 🙄). It is great because it basically eradicated my cramps, and lessened a bunch of my other symptoms too. I don't even really bleed anymore either.  I haven't had a real period basically since I started the meds, but my doctor said that's totally fine since I do still spot every few months. 
Now my problem is that for the past few months, slowly but surely, I'm starting to get cramps again. I haven't missed a single dose in months, and yet still I'm noticing an increase in symptoms. For instance, I currently still have 4 active pills left for this cycle, but at about 2pm today, I got cramps so bad at work today that I had to take a long lunch at work and take about 800 mgs of ibuprofen before I was able to stand up straight.
Is it possible to develop a tolerance to the pill? I can't really think of any other reason this would start happening... and if so, does anyone else have any recommendations for bc pills that help with really bad cramps??? (I have a doctor's appt soon, so I'm going to ask him about it, but i wanted to hear what you guys think??)
PPS- sorry for the long post, and thanks for any insight!!