placebo/bc period advice

sarah
so i just started the pill yesterday. so these might be silly questions, but i'm asking anyway! project ruby prescribed me abura, which is 21 compounds and 7 placebos. 
i haven't used birth control before because my boyfriend and i are long distance, but i'm going to see him in a month, and i don't want to have to worry about anything. that being said, we'll be together literally the day after i finish my placebos, and thus my period. i know that it's 99.7% effective when taken religiously, but if my body's natural state would be fertile, should i risk letting him finish inside me?
if not, (because i want him to finish in me) i was thinking about just skipping my period and moving onto my next pack. does it really matter, or am i just overthinking? 
also, if i start the placebos on sunday and get my period tuesday or wednesday, will my period only last until i start the hormone pills again (the following sunday)? if there's a chance i could be spotting after i restart the compounds, or still bleeding, i think i should skip my period altogether to avoid that risk. i want no blood, or as little as possible.
basically i just want advice on this. i'm so new to birth control. i know a lot of women on here just comment and say, "read the pamphlet," but i want to know personal experience and real-life advice.