How DARE I?!

Kaylee
I had to share this because I've never been more proud to be a woman in my life! In 2013, I made the decision to accept my offer for a women's college called Russell Sage. I came in to the school being a little on the shyer side compared to my classmates and especially compared to the upperclasswomen. But I was determined to find my place here, otherwise I wouldn't have had the sense of belonging when I first checked out the campus. The first step on this journey was changing my major... halfway through my junior year. But once I found my niche and was happy, I began caring more about embracing who I am. It's because of this self-discovery that I am in great support of the women's marches. I've met so many amazing people through my time at RSC, women of all different ethnicities, religions, upbringings, who have shown me that we're not so different after all. I've sat through women's studies courses and women's health events, as well as listened to people speak about not being ashamed in themselves and thought "I'd like to be like them." And so, here I am, I've finally worked up the courage to not only use my right to choose to not wear a bra, but also the courage to speak of something that I once thought was so taboo. In honor of the Women of Influence, this is a picture of my whiteboard hanging outside my door. I'm no longer afraid to go braless or afraid of sharing it. Because a number of courageous woman have shown me there's nothing to be afraid of. Especially puns, puns are fun!