no friends..literally 😔

I just started my senior year of college and I can say that I haven't made a single friend in all 4 years. I commute 35 minutes from a small town, and have yet to find someone from there. The town I live in isn't where I am from, so I never really made friends in high school either. The only friend I have is my fiancé now and with him working I get lonely at home a lot or wish I had someone to study with. And making th  guest list for my wedding realizing that I literally have no one but family was really depressing. 
I'm a really shy person, and have a hard time just jumping into a group or other people's conversations. I have to be in a group for one of my classes but I'm the only commuter and our personalities just don't really mesh all that well. 
It's hard to join clubs here because I drive so far and I don't have the gas to drive back and forth so much for meetings and events. So I guess I'm looking to see if there are anyways through apps or whatever to find friends. It sounds stupid I know, but I feel like I don't have another way.