he wants me back on the pill

Dagga
Alright so I don't use any protection or anything birth control and I feel fine with out it.
Doctors don't really want me to be on any birth control because of my family history and stuff 
but I've been able to talk some doctors into giving me the pill but it really messes up my hormones.
I have really bad anxiety and depression but I'm on medication for both of those things 
but when I'm also on the pill my depression gets so out control, sometimes I cant even get out of bed and end up not eating anything for days.
Now I haven't been on the pill for 3-4 months and I haven't felt better, somedays are worse then others but I still get out of bed and do stuff, and I'm really proud of myself.
I had a miscarriage at the beginning of January and I really f-ck with my hormones and really dragged me down.
It affected my boyfriend too and now he thinks the best thing to do is for me to go back on the pill but I really don't want to because I feel alive, 
I don't want this small pill to control my body and ruin my confidence and my motivation to do stuff.
I feel like I'm being selfish but I've worked so hard to keep myself motivated and positive.
It's not that I'm trying to get pregnant but I just hate birth control, it's like a punishment for being able to make life.