Future Stepson Issue

My soon to be stepson is 17 years old. I have known him for many years before his father and I started dating (he and my child were friends). He took it hard when the relationship started but I had thought we had moved on, I do for him just as I do for my children, helped him with his first job application, took him to his interview, back and forth to work, spend time with him, give him rides, etc. There anytime he needed me. I love this kid. I have known he has some very manipulative ways (as do a lot of teenagers), his dad didn't want to see it and would turn a blind eye. He talks a massive amount of crap about everyone who is supposed to be an important part of his life. He is supposed to be moving in with us in just a few days (he has been living with his grandparents, his mother is a serious deadbeat) and I'm due in just 6 weeks. I have recently been told he's gone around school telling friends and teachers he doesn't want to move in with us, we are dirty, our house stinks, just saying really hurtful things. Found out he was at his mom's work talking to her and her co-workers saying the baby I'm carrying is not his father's, I guess his mom was a willing participant in the conversation. I'm just at a loss. I am very hurt. I know kids say things they shouldn't, but he is almost an adult, I'm starting to feel like this is just who he is. I'm not feeling comfortable with him moving in but I know he is my fiancé's son and that I have to figure out how to work this out. Does anyone have advice? This is not the first time he has gone around saying bad things about me and talks just as poorly about his own dad. Any advice on how to handle this?