FYI: Safety of Floor Refinishing

Kimberly
Hey all! We are currently getting our floors refinished, and I have been searching far and wide for answers on how safe it is to me to be around. I have stayed out of the house all week, but the project is taking longer than expected (of course!) and I gotta get back. My doctor recommended I reach out to Mother to Baby to ask about it. I did today and they gave me some GREAT info. 
My main concern was the fumes. I read anecdotes online that said they were bad (from the stain and finish) for the baby, but zero references or resources. Mother to Baby compiles information on EVERYTHING (chemicals, food, medicine, makeup, etc) from all the major pregnancy research organizations. According to them, smells are NOT a good way to indicate if something will harm the baby. And they said information about damage to fetuses in animals is not reliable - they generally inject the animal with the chemicals or bombard it. They said it's fine to be in the house after the stain and finish has dried. Thought this might be helpful to other folks going through renovations while pregnant!