domestic abuse-wwyd?

Laurauberalle • 👨‍👩‍👧
I'll try to keep this short. We were coming out of the mall and when we got to our car, you could hear screaming and crying from the car next to us. I immediately got worried and went to see what was going on. A guy was punching his girlfriend/wife and pulling her hair to keep her from leaving the car. My husband was also watching this happen but he insisted we leave! I started banging on the couple's window and the man finally let the lady go. She looked terrified and kept begging me to call the police. So I did. My husband was mad at me for getting involved and telling me that's none of my business! We ended up arguing and it ended with me calling him a coward for not trying to stop it. He says other people's problems should be left for them to figure out. Domestic abuse isn't a problem that you can just "figure out". I'm so mad at my husband and I can't believe his stand on this was that we should allow the abuse to continue instead of helping an abused woman! I'm still fuming about his reaction. What would you ladies have done in my position? He thinks it was stupid of me to get involved. 
Btw, the lady was picked up by a family member and the guy was arrested. Seems like it wasn't the first time.