My awesome birth

Ashley 🌈🌈
It's day 3 after I gave birth to my baby girl and I finally have time to share my birthing story. I was schedule to be medically induced February 16th at 5:00 am because I was 4 days overdue and because I had excessive amniotic fluid my doctor didn't want me to go any longer. I got to the hospital at 5:30 the day before my doctor sweep my membrane so that entire night I was having mild contractions but nothing too serious. So when I got to the hospital to be induced I was ready for a very long labor. My doctor finally came around 8 and started the potocin. My husband and I made the decision to attempt a medical free labor so from 8 to around 10 am I was having contractions that I would rate a 4-5 on the pain scale. Yet around 10 am the pain intensified to a 7 and after 2 hours on constant contractions and the increase in pain level I decided to get the epidural and I'm sooooo happy I did! They did a great job putting the epidural in and was painless and so quick, the burning that you feel actually felt good to me since I had been having contractions. Once I got the epidural my doctor checked me and told me I was at 4 90% effaced. After that I sleep for 3 hours ( best sleep ever!) I woke up and nurse checked me and I was already at a 7 and fully effaced. After that things moved pretty quickly. I continued to dilate one inch every hour. At 6:00pm my doctor came to check and I was at a 10 and ready to push! I pushed for 30 mins and had my baby girl at 6:37. I only tore a half inch and had to get a few stitches, other than that my labor and delivery experience was so awsome and relaxing I'm looking forward to doing it again. So rest easy mommies it doesn't have to be a scary thing