Labor Story

LeAnna • Married to my best friend 💛
I was set to be induced on 2/22/2017. My husband and I got to the hospital at 4:30PM and got settled into our room. They came in and checked me and I was only 1CM and 50% thinned out so they decided to put a pill inside of me to help me thin out. They said they'd do that every 3 hours and the next morning start the pitocine. They came in around 6:00PM and gave me the first half of the pill, 3 hours went by and I wasn't having much contractions. At 9:00PM they came in and put the other half of the pill inside of me. She told me I would probably start having period like cramps but nothing too serious. About 30 minutes went by and I stared to feel the contractions. I told my husband there was no way they were normal because it was not like a period cramp. He called the doctor in there and she checked me and I was 4CM and 100% thinned out. She was surprised because I was in labor then so she said there would be no pitocine the next morning that I was in labor. Around 11:00PM I started to get stronger contractions and she came in and I was at a 6CM. They were then going to give me an epidural but then came back and said I couldn't have one because my blood count was too low and I could bleed out! I was already feeling like I was dying! All night I was in labor and she came back at 3:00AM to check me and I was an 8CM then and she said my water was bulging but wanted it to break on its own. At 5:00AM I kept telling them I couldn't hold it anymore that I had to push!! They told me to hold on a little longer because I was only a 9CM. At around 5:15AM I told them there was NO way that I could not push so she checked me and I was a 10CM and my water was coming out of me so she decided to break it because I was a 10CM and I had to push. She had to cut me because my poor baby was stuck and couldn't get out and her heart rate was dropping because her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck, when I did my final push she came out blue and not crying. Talk about a scared mommy. They took her to the table and started clearing her throat and pushing on her chest and next thing I know she's just a crying away!! At 5:36AM I delivered my sweet Willow Aliza Hamrick! She was 7lbs 5.5OZ and 19INCHES long. :) I'm so in love and so thankful that she's okay. Labor was no joke but it was all worth it for her. 💛