Loud neighbors-what would you do?

Mallory
I'm at my wits end!! My son was born 7 weeks premature but has been home for 5 weeks and he's doing well.  We own our home and the house next door is a rental property. The house is currently rented out by a group of guys who play for our college's baseball team. Let's just say my son is not a good sleeper and I'm up every 2 hours feeding him. What's more frustrating is that now my neighbors have started having loud parties. Legally our town's noise ordinance says they need to start being quiet by 10pm so I'm well within my rights to call the police.  However, I'm trying to stop this from turning into the movie Neighbors. Friday they had a huge party and were so loud I had to stay up until 1am when they quieted down. I get it, it's Friday night.  I grumbled about it to my husband but didn't do anything. Tonight, a Monday, they had abother party. This time they didn't play loud music just a lot of drunken yelling and cheering each others chugging along. So again, I tried to be patient. I just got up with my son for his 1am feeding, got him to sleep and I hear people that sound like they're in my driveway. My car was unlocked with my wallet in it (we live in a small town) so I locked my car using the remote. These college kids then start running up and down the sidewalk in front of my house yelling at each other playing some game. I'm pretty sure I saw one in my yard outside my son's bedroom window who took off when I locked my car and of course, all their yelling woke my son up. I want to write them a letter and silently leave it on their door. My husband says that's childish and petty. I wasn't going to make it a mean letter, just something explaining we can hear them and asking them to ask their guests to refrain from yelling outside my son's window. My husband thinks I should just start calling the police on them every time. I told him I don't want it to turn into a huge feud so he's thinking about just going over and talking to them and if it's still an issue calling the police or their land lord to complain. What would you do?  At this point we're all losing the precious little sleep we get, it's an hour later and I still haven't been able to get my son back to sleep 😩