Is this odd to you?

My boyfriend was at the end of the bed and I didn't know where my phone was and I just wanted to check the time. So I said "can I see your phone?" And he goes "why do you need to see it?" and I was like "just gimme it really quick " so he hands me the phone and immediately he says "what're you doing??" And I said just checking the time why? He said that he didn't know what I was doing and why I needed it. So me joking around just unlocks it so it's on his homescreen and he freaks out grabs the phone and says what do you need on there? And I was just joking. And I asked why he snatched it and if he had something to hide. He got pissed threw his phone. So now, I'm like wtf, he must be hiding something. So I asked to see his phone and he's like THERES NOTHING ON THERE, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU NEED TO SEE. Then proceeds to punch and break the mirror. He just left to go to his friends. I want to see what he's hiding now. I was NEVER accusing him of doing anything, he brought it up. I just wanted to check the time?