Mini Pill

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice getting a bit confused the last couple of months. So I came off the mini pill almost a year ago, now it took a good few months for my period to settle down in to a regular routine. Now since last June my cycle has been between 32 and 34 days witch I have been using to track my ovulation as me and my partner are not TTC but not doing anything to stop it we do use the pullout method during ovulation but we do know that's not a form of BC. So we're I'am getting confused is that the last two months my cycle has changed to 28day cycle now I have still been fallowing my ovulation for the 34day cycle and just realised that if I am on a 28day cycle now we did have unprotected sex witch he didn't pullout, through 4 of my most fertile days. My concer isn't that I may be peregant coz that would b a nice surprise, it's the fact that I am type 1 diabetic and that my body isn't were it should b to start TTC. So what I really want to know is if AF turns up on the 28th day should I change my settings to 28days or leave it another couple of months to see if it changes it again?  Thanks.