Went to get mirrena coil removed

ems

So last night I'd gone to get my mirrena coil removed. Before going I'd read up on all the horror stories and scared myself expecting the worst and it happened...

So while I was in the nurse asked why I looked so nervous and I explained that I had been scaring myself with other people experiences online. And made a comment about it being stuck and she assured me that even if it was shed manage to remove it with little pain.

That was not the case !

The nurse had tried to remove it but it was tugging and I could feel these really strong cramps it was so painful I almost passed out. Pain from anywhere else I can handle easy but that was something I'd never experienced.

IT WASNT COMING OUT!!

She called for the doctor a nice elderly woman who was confused at how difficult the nurse was finding it. She had a go while the burse tried to calm me and distract me from the pain. It didn't work again so she tried one more time and still nothing.

They then told me that in a minority ,such a minority they had no idea what to do or tell me.

They had to call a lot of people before getting to a conclusion. Turns out it was inserted wrongly and because of that these past 5 years the tissue around it has got caught in it and possibly grown over it .

Now I'm awaiting word from the gyno about when they will go in and surgically remove it !