Used baby items

Lo
This is my first pregnancy and I'm very excited to start buying stuff for the baby! There is what I would consider a HUGE baby yard sale held twice a year in our area. The people who hold this event actually do inspect all items very well, so the stuff that is being sold should be in very good to new condition. This might sound snotty, but I promise you, I'm not. I just really like the idea of having new stuff for our first baby! Friends have offered to give us some of their stuff that they no longer need or use, but I haven't said yes or no because this is how I feel. We have plenty of family offering to get us stuff brand new, but then I also feel bad because that's a lot of money for them to spend, even if they have it and want to do it. So basically what I am looking for here is people who have maybe felt the same way but still settled and got some used things. What would you be willing to get used, other than clothes? We signed up for the baby sale event mainly for cloth diapers, but my in laws said that they are going to get us new diapers because they don't want their grandson wearing some other babies used diapers.