My MIL

Larissa
When I called my mom and told her I was pregnant, she said some horrible things to me and mean things. It made me feel depressed and upset. Anyways... Me and my MIL have never really got along. Tonight I decided to tell her because I didn't want her to find out by someone else. To my surprise, she was happy for us and hugged me. And even though I just found out she is talking about throwing me a baby shower. I told her I didn't really have any friends that I could invite and she assured me that she had plenty that would come and be willing to buy gifts. I am just so surprised by all of this and I think this baby will bring us closer together. She made me feel like I have support but at the same time, it hurts because my own mother talked to me awful over it. My mom is a Christian woman and she told me if God takes this baby it would be better off than living with someone who drinks "talking about my S.O" because he has a couple beers at the end of the day before bed, but he doesn't drink all the time and doesn't get drunk when he does drink. Just a couple drinks before bed. I am just so hurt by how she responded all because she is so "rightous".