Period pain after iud insertion? (ParaGard)

Kasey
Hi guys! Don't think I've ever posted in here before but I wanted opinions from other women who have been in the same situation. I got the ParaGard copper IUD about 4 days ago (and let me tell you, the sensation was far from pleasant. I'd put the pain almost close to when I had kidney stones) and have had on and off pain and cramps since. I take prescription 800mg ibuprofen for cramps during my period and I have been taking them with these cramps but they seem to help just a little. I had pain mostly on the right side of my abdomen the first couple of days and was in tears from the pain. I called my gyno and she said as long as I could feel the strings, everything should be fine. Well 4 days in now and slight cramping has been on and off. The ibuprofen is actually working for the most part and heating pad feels amazing on my tummy. When I called my gyno, she said to be expecting a very painful period because of the pain I was receiving these first few days. I am aware that periods tend to be more painful regardless with the ParaGard but I wanted to know what other women have experienced with it. I have never had babies before and I am 20 years old.