Name Order

Sussett

So my boyfriend and I had talked about the name Ivan Samuel months ago and I feel in love it. He wasn't thrilled about the Ivan part and I agreed to consider other options if he gave me any.... Well he didn't and im set on the name. My whole family knows the name...we do call him Sammy.

Well Friday night he went over to his mom's house (without be but that's a different story) and came back asking hey is Sammy's name Ivan Samuel.... I'm like yes that's what I've been saying for months and you haven't contradicted me.

He's like oh I don't like the Ivan. I start crying because I'm like what the fuck I'm 33 weeks, he know how much I love the name and he wants to change it on me now! I've had stuff made for the nursery with his name!

So yesterday at the baby shower I'm talking to his mom and best friend. His friend asks me so what's the baby's full name.. We're joking about how our mom's using our whole names when we're trouble and how it sounds better.... Lmao yes anticipating Sammy getting in trouble already hahaha

So I say Ivan Samuel... The look on his mother's face.... She like oh I thought it was Samuel Ivan. I'm like no its Ivan Samuel.

Now my boyfriend wants to name him Samuel Ivan and I know it's her fucking doing!

I pissed and don't know what to do. We agreed to use both our last names as traditional done in Puerto Rico. I wanted my last name first so if we ever get married both Sammy and I would be Rivera Fred.... Well he threw a fit... His son his last name first. I agreed but is it fair that I also have to swap the name order I picked again... I mean shit he has two kids with his last name one who shared his first name and he made it clear that he allowed his first wife to make those decisions because it was her kids.... So why can't I have the same courtesy?

So should I go with my choice of first name with his choice of last name... (option 1)

Or his choice of first name and my choice of last name (option 2)

Vote below to see results!