When you know there is only like a .5% chance...

Silvie • #1 born 7/16/18 after 2 years ttc❣️🌈
...and you still can't help yourself from being stupidly hopeful 😂
Husband and I BD'ed once six days before I got a positive ovulation test this weekend, but he had the flu and refused to do anything the day of or after. Now I'm back to stark white ovulation tests and I have my regular boob soreness from post-ovulation.
I keep thinking "well we did have sex 6 days ago and despite my clear ovulation pain on the day of my positive test, maybe I could have ovulated early!!" Or "maybe he has super-sperm able to survive 6 days despite all his health problems!" Lol.
And now I've been having really weird uterine cramping much earlier than usual. 
The past 3 months stuff has managed to happen so we couldn't BD within a week of ovulation (putting us out of the game for the whole month), so my mind can't help but be hopeful that we were so close this time. And there have been a bunch of weird baby coincidences my husband has pointed out this month that aren't helping me to think realistically 😒 we have been trying for nearly a year which is how long both our parents had to try to get us.
What are some funny stories where you were just so sure you could be pregnant but you knew it was impossible? I want to feel less crazy for being so desperate 😂