fight with husband- long post

My husband and I hung out with his friends once and they happened to spill the beans to me that he went out with them without telling me. Now I don't care if my husband goes out I just like for that communication to be there. No one wants to find out from someone else. Well I felt so embarrassed that night because I left feeling like our relationship wasn't good because he didn't feel like he could tell me something like that. He promised he would never do something like that again. Well I logged into his credit card app to pay a bill for him and saw he owed more Than I thought so I looked through the transactions and found restaurant transactions that were made almost every other day for the last month. I asked him about it and he said I was so controlling that he couldn't tell me. I am not controlling. I plan our money out every time we get paid so that we can afford dates, trips, groceries, and hopefully one day a future child. And I ask if there is anything he wants or needs. Am I wrong in being upset? I just want to be told things.