How long until your hcg levels zeroed out after miscarriage?

katie • Pregnant through IVF after 4 years of infertility and 4 consecutive early losses. Mommy to Alaina (6) and Niko due 11/18 💓
I had a miscarriage on March 9... I'm testing positive still 5.5 almost 6 weeks later. My doc was concerned so I had an ultrasound which showed a thickening of the endometrium. She said "well you can either be pregnant again or it's left over from the MC." Well, my blood work came back the next day showing my levels dropped from 500 on the 27th of March to 100 on the 12th of April. So, they were able to confirm from that that it was just leftover from the MC and not a new pregnancy. Well almost a week has gone by and I'm feeling really depressed about my MC. I just want to start trying for a baby again but waiting for my levels to zero out alone is exhausting. How long did it take for your levels to zero out after MC or to get a neg preg test. Even my doc said it's taking longer than normal and I'm frustrated because my pregnancy wasn't normal and now I can't even just have a normal miscarriage and start trying again 😭😭😭