Help! Have some empathy reading this

Al
I am turning 17 next Friday and my sort of boyfriend (love of my life) 2 days before me he is turning 19! We have studied together in a boarding school so we pretty much lived together and slept together (no sex,just sleeping) since I was 14 and we are by polar but our passion drives us crazy when we together and nothing else matter I know he is the one for me and he has high standards just like me and we have been through a lot from cheating to distance to thinking I am pregnant (I was panicking we didn't really have sex) and we have withstand it! He has been unfair and I wasn't commited because I was scared he is going to leave me and that it's not serious! But after a year break we had...he is Portuguese and I am Russian but he went to study at home and come back in January to London where I have moved to from September..and I was scared to meet him but he said "is my love enough for you to forgive me and meet me" so we met in a train station at Paddington)) and it was the most romantic reunion ever and then we knew we both grew up and are ready for something so serious that would last forever! Now he is doing his foundation and getting offer from universities and he got accepted to New York and I have another year to do at A level in London and I haven't decided what university I want to go to and neither has he and he has a great opportunity to study there and I support him but he is waiting for more offers to come by the end of March to maybe stay in London! And it makes me sad and he is pushing me away as I live in a boarding school outside London and he lives in the city centre and he is not letting me see him and he asked for a break because if he moves to New York he won't be able to take it so the whole 2 months he has been trying to fall out of love with me ?! And I can't do anything I don't know if I should text him because he is being selfish but in a way he is right it's going to hurt...if he leaves but yet he can make a decision if he stays so it's up to him !! And I don't know I love him so much but I can't show or remind him what we are fighting for since he is not letting me see him at all. We are acting weird now I don't know how to feel or what to do!(( will he see me on my birthday because he left me on Valentine's when we were suppose to finally meet after our exams but he didn't even let me know that he decided to push me away...!Can I even text him randomly ? Because I want him to decide on his future for his benefit I want the best for him...but yet I miss him I want and need communication with him