I Need to Live my Life.

Hello, I'm a 17 year old high school student that comes from a Hispanic family. As you can tell from the title, I want to live my life. Since the age of puberty I've been put into lockdown, I have never really gotten the chance to enjoy my adolescence all because of my strict parents. I don't know how to explain to my parents that I feel trapped. I haven't been able to experience many memories with friends because I'm never allowed to go anywhere, if I am allowed to go anywhere I'm being bombarded with calls and text messages every five minutes asking where I am, who I'm with, etc. I understand, it's okay to worry about your child, but i feel overwhelmed when I can't do much. I'm very independent and my family doesn't seem to understand that I can't deal with being controlled. There are so many things I'd like to do with my life, career wise, social wise, and I can't because I'm denied the right every single time. A parent is supposed to tell you what to do and set boundaries of course, but I think it's too excessive to control every aspect of your child's life and not let them breathe. All my friends are able to go out as often as they'd like, so whenever I can't go somewhere with them, I feel myself being even more alienated and forgotten about; that just adds on to the constant state of loneliness and rejection I feel. Since I'm a girl, it makes it even worse for me to enjoy my life. I'm not asking to go party, i'm not asking to be a wild child, I'm asking them to let me go out and enjoy myself but they usually refuse to do so. My older brother gets to do as he pleases and isn't questioned about it, just like my 15 year old brother. I don't understand what makes things different with me. I'm responsible, I do good in school, I don't do drugs, I don't get in trouble at all! I mostly stay home and sleep! That isn't productive at all! My mom always pleads with me to tell her what goes on in my head and to tell her the truth about how I feel and talk to her but whenever I do, everything stays the same. I don't know how to talk to her or my dad, he just makes everything a joke or doesn't listen. Please, what can I do to get my parents to understand me? I need advice. :(