Does he miss me?

Mi
My "bf" and I broke up like a month ago because he was indecisive of where we stood and I was tired of trying to convince him where we stood and tired of basically trying to get him to choose me. We've been texting on and off about random stuff..but out of blue yesterday, he texts me " I think you have one of my shorts" I was like 😳😳 in my head " I've never worn your shorts" but I played along telling him I'd basically look for something I don't have. At the end of the day I basically told him you know I didn't find it blah blah blah and he was like "cool I'll buy some more". My aunt think he wants me back..I don't lol I just really think this boy thinks I'm holding his shorts hostage lol. She thinks I should've ask him hey do you miss me or do you wanna hang out but I didn't. I didn't wanna like go there when that's not where is mind and heart is. I wanna text him now and ask " hey did you really think I have your shorts or you just wanted to see me?" Ladies do you think I should do it or let him reach out to me again?? Pleassssseeee help me, I really love this guy and I don't wanna lose him 😭😭😭