For those just starting out i found this hugely helpful

Sarah • Recently married not ready just yet to have a child but looking forward to starting a family next year fingers crossed
I found this really helpful and if your like me you may to! I take my temp every morning at 6:00am on the dot before I get out of bed. I track my symptoms throughout the day and don't check my cervical position and CM till after 10:00 am I do this every day. But when checking your CM what does it all mean how do I know?  Well maybe this will help 😃

Major Points in this Lesson:

Cervical fluid changes throughout the menstrual cycle and is a primary fertility sign.

Cervical fluid is the best sign for learning about the presence of estrogen in your bloodstream.

Cervical fluid is one of the best signs to tell you when you are most fertile before ovulation.

When estrogen is high and you are most fertile, cervical fluid is stretchy and resembles raw egg white.

When you are trying to conceive, it is recommended to have intercourse whenever you observe fertile quality cervical fluid.

Cervical fluid has similar properties to semen and serves similar functions: to support, nourish and transport sperm. 

In a typical menstrual cycle, cervical fluid starts out scant and dry just after menstruation, becoming sticky or pasty, then creamy before the more fertile, watery and egg white fluid is observed when you are most fertile around ovulation. After ovulation, cervical fluid is again scant and dry. 

Ovulation usually occurs around the last day that fertile quality cervical fluid is observed. This is often called the "peak" day.

Here's the website I found it off of! 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/courses/lesson.php?p=1;5;0;0