MIL PROBS

Tabby • I’m 42 yr old mother of 3 daughters! I am married to my best friend!
First let me say my hubby and his mom have always had a strained relationship. We've been together 11 years, married 9. When we're dating I wanted them to have a closer relationship and it got much better. He is her only child. Divorced parents at 3. His fathers side always complained about her being crazy and selfish but I never saw it. After the birth of our daughter (she's 8 now), she and I bonded. She told me she wanted to be the grandmother everyone always wanted and basically that she would spend the rest of her life trying to make up to her son her shortcomings. Fast forward till Jan this year. My husband and I literally had a effortless marriage. Literally we never argued. Everything was a fairytale. Then my husband had like a midlife crisis. He had an online emotional affair. (She lives in another country) It devastated me. Like the rug was yanked out from under me. I immediately called his mom thinking she'd come straighten things out or at least help! Instead made it 100 x worse. She began tearing me and my faults apart. Telling me what I should have and should not have done? Mind you, until this we never had cross words! She verbally attacked me one evening and even out her hands on me, in my house! At that point it got ugly. I think she felt like it was her time to take her son? Like weird responses! Like HE IS MY SON! Anyways after all was said and done. My husband and I are closer now than ever. After short counseling, we could not be closer. Well except she is now on the outside. My husband rarely speaks to her now. (Behind my back mostly but that's fine) She's also an alcoholic. She used to call and text me all the time but now never! I am now 10 weeks pregnant (a surprise I'm 41) and she's never called me or text me one word about the baby! Not how are you nothing! And yesterday I got a Mother's Day card from her...for 11 years I've gotten the sweetest card and everyte a check with a note about how good of a mom I am, thank you for loving my son and go get a mani/pedi/massage! This time nothing... and signed love, Cindy. (Sounds petty but went from 100% thoughtful to just a I gotta do it) Anyway my question is... what do I do? I hate this! I do not like her at all now. But I do want my kids to know her. My husbands says who cares if she is around or not. My family is close and it is extremely sad. Any suggestions?