my so' father hates me

I just had the most weird week. I dont have a great relationship with my husband's father because we live too far . But i was trying to message him and telling him that I wanted to be more related , trying to be nicer.
Then he replied me saying that he didnt like me from the beggining and he is just trying to be cordial because im his son's wife. That he actually hated me and didnt like my personality cuz i was antisocial and didnt talk too much with his wife ( not my husband' mother)
I was so surprised because the times we have spent together he was so nice but whatever. He is the one being negative and two faced.
Im just gonna do me and be cordial as he dants but im not gonna be naturally nice with him because I just hate people like him. He didnt come to my wedding and didnt like me because I wasnt so friendly, his opinion, but my husband( bf at the time) explained that it was the first time i was introduced to my bf's family and i was nerveuse. Not forgetting that this happened almost a year ago. And he was my first serious bf.
I dont wanna seem like a rude or direspectul person but I told my husband how i felt and that I dont like the way his dad is being so hypocrite cuz his dad was so nice with me the all the time sharing food, places and now he hates me thats so fake.
Thank God my husband supported me and he agreed with me . And told me to be myself all the time and who doesn't like me is theor problem. That I was marries to him and what his family had to say about me was not important because the one that is here for him is me. Waking up early with him and supporting him through the good , the bad and the ugly.