Hoe do I give my brother in law advice?

Ch

My sister and brother in law married young... well, they STILL are pretty young. Lol Theu are both 26 and now have 3 kids together. Every major gift giving holiday, my sister will complain to me that her husband did nothing for her. She says every time she brings it up to him, he just says "I'm sorry babe, I was too busy with work"

Now, I personally feel she should get use to it since he NEVER did things for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas etc even when they were dating. He was like that from the beginning and tou can't change people.

However, this is my sister and I want to talk to my brother in law about it and see if maybe I can give him advice.

If being too busy is the issue, I want to suggest he only do the planning once a year and well in advance of any special days. He can buy cards and maybe even chocolate for each event, and hide them in the house somewhere. Then, when her birthday, their anniversary, or Mother's Day comes around, all he has to do is grab the card and write a sweet note in it, and give her that with some of the chocolate.

Any other suggestions are welcomed if you have any!!

I'm just not sure how to go about having this conversation or if it's even my place to do it at all... They recently moved in with my dad just before baby #3 was born. Their oldest turned 3 last month. With all the kids and having my dad around they haven't gotten much alone time and her husband has been working long hours to help save up money since they want to buy a house. I'm worried that the 2 of them are letting life get in the way of their relationship, and if they don't work through this soon it may coat them their marriage. And from my last talk with her, so is my sister.

If you we're in my shoes, what would you do?