Question for African American ladies

Emijean

So I take care of my sister-in-law(10) on the weekends, mainly so I can take care of her hair and put it in a protective style until next weekend. Anyways my question is, how can I show her that her hair is beautiful just the way it is? She hates her hair so much she just wants to shave it off. And it's because her mother (who she only sees every once in a while) and her cousins who are constantly making off hand comments about her hair ( I won't go into that too much, bit they're pretty mean) I went natural with my hair a few months ago and it's seemed to help a little but I mean I don't have the same hair texture (2b/3b) I've been considering doing a style that makes my hair look more similar to herself but I can't do that every day. I also want to teach her about her culture but literally have no idea where to start or what would be appropriate for her. Anyways I'm sorry for rambling and if any of you could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated 💙

Edit: I forgot to add she doesn't know anyone from her dad's side, her mom is really sketchy about it too so I don't really know what to do to help her.