Broke up with my Best Friend!

Jordan
So me and my friend (lets call him Josh) have been friends for 4 years. We are really close...or were really close. I am in love with him but he always ends up falling for...wait for it...my best friends. Yes, he has done it to me twice, and he knows that I love him. He just keeps hurting me, and I kept letting him. The other night he got drunk and was texting me and like usual i had to keep him from doing a bunch of crazy shit. The he told me I was beautiful and that I should have a three some with him and guess who...my best girl friend (lets call her Lily) Then Josh kept pushing me and telling me how hot Lily is and I just cried...all the pain id held in just came gushing. Over the years ive reached out to friends asking for their opinion and they said I should just shut Josh out and get over him. I never did because I loved him too much to let go. But the pain was too much to bare. I actually almost killed myself once when Josh totally rejected me. So yesterday I did what my friends have been telling me to do. I deleted all of Josh and I's pics/messages and deleted and blocked him on social media. I feel I should tell him in person that I need to take a break so his feelings don't get hurt because I know he's going through tough times rn too...hence the drinking. So thoughts? I know its a lot I kinda just needed to vent...