GI issue? Long please read!

Casey
my baby girl was born January 2, 2017 at 4 lbs. 9 oz. when we got out a hospital she was 4 lbs. 5 oz. and she's doubled her weight since then but now she is 22 weeks old which is like 5 1/2 months and at her recheck way in today she was 8 pounds and 15 ounces she still under nine. she is hitting all of her milestones right on schedule or ahead of time she breast-feeds constantly and today was the second time we had to go in to check her weight because my doctor wants to keep a close eye on it. however at my appointment today my doctor issued us a referral to a G.I. doctor but my girl doesn't have any acid reflex she never spits up she doesn't have really any gas issues so how could this be a G.I. problem I'm not sure has anybody else dealt with this kind of weight gain issue and if so what happened? what did you do? my doctor wants me to continue to breast-feed and wants me to feed her baby food twice a day and I was previously feeding her about half of a banana and a quarter of an avocado once a day she's also had sweet potato and carrot and baby cereal. I cried today at the office even though my doctor told me I'm doing everything right. does anybody have any experience with this please help