(Long) Zaphyre Reign's Birth Story πŸ’–

Uni B. β€’ πŸ’‹ Mommy to a Princess πŸ‘‘πŸ’›
The morning of June 9th, I went to my 40 week doctors appointment. At that point I was 40 weeks 2 days and having contractions roughly every 5/10 minutes. After meeting with my doctor and begging to get the baby out right then, we discovered I was 3 cm dilated and my cervix was over half way thinned out. It was also noted that my blood pressure was high and after they checked it a second time it was still rising. So they decided to go ahead and send me over to labor and delivery. After leaving the clinic I went home, grabbed my bags, contracted more, grabbed some Subway (yes I was in subway breathing through contractions getting my $5 footlong πŸ˜‹) and made my way to the hospital. When we got there we were sent over to the triage to monitor the baby and my blood pressure. They began to notice that my blood pressure was high because of the contractions that were getting stronger and stronger, but it was nothing to worry about (at that time). So the nurse checked me and told me I was 3 1/2 cm dilated and gave me an hour to walk and if I stayed the same I would be released. So, after walking laps around the hospital, feeling like I had to poop and being checked and being told I was "basically at 4 cm" πŸ™„.. and walking some more to turn around and be told we didn't make much progress but with luck they admitted me anyway.Β 
I was moved to a delivery room and set up. With each contraction I hardly was able to stay quiet much longer. I would say about 2 hours later I was almost 5 cm dilated, throwing up, crying, and shaking, I caved into getting an epidural. After what seemed like YEARS, I finally got my epidural and was able to breathe and relax (Prior to going into labor I hardly slept so I was EXHAUSTED). The epidural felt heavenly and I floated in the clouds with no pain until I woke up to realize my baby heart rate was slowing down. Everyone in the room was too busy gushing over the outfits I packed for her for them to realize something the wrong and hear me. Next thing I knew there were nurses and doctors everywhere, trying to reposition me to find baby's heartbeat. I felt myself starting to cry and think that my daughter had died.. I blamed myself for not being strong enough, for giving into the epidural because just before she was doing just fine..
They gave me a steroid and rushed me out of the room into surgery and prepped me for the c-section. At that point I was balling. Crying very hard because a c-section was the LAST thing I wanted and I was afraid my baby was dead! I was so close!! I began to blame myself and I kept shaking and sobbing. At the last moment someone grabbed a Doppler and found her heartbeat had came back up and at that moment my heart jumped! I sobbed harder out of happiness.
They went ahead and began performing the c-section with my mom and baby daddy by my side. I couldn't see anything and in my head I was thinking how I couldn't believe this was happening to me. Finally at 6:15 p.m. Zaphyre Reign Smith was born.. silent.
Β After about a minute or 2 they got her to let out a few cries and once she did a weight was lifted. She weighed 6 lbs 2.8 oz and was 18 inches long. They showed me my baby for a brief second and wisked her off to the nicu for further examining along with my placenta.Β 
Her Apgar tests.. the first she made a 1, second she made an 8 and the third she made a 9. They still don't know why her heart rate dropped, or what happened exactly. I'm not even really sure. Giving birth to my first child at 17 has been terrifying and truly a learning experience. I'm so blessed that she is here now and healthy, though she did lose over 10% of her weight those next few days and I struggle with breastfeeding.. I'm thankful she made it.Β 
We didn't get to leave the hospital til Monday, and even now at home I'm still in so much pain. I feel so dizzy and weak as I try and type this up.
I'm sorry if my birth story seems all over the place, I'm emotional thinking about it now..Β 
anyways.. my daughter was the best thing that has ever happened to me and she's changed my life so much in these short 5 days we've spent together. πŸ’“