Ganglion cyst

Jessica
So I've had this cyst on my wrist for a couple of years now. No big deal, other than looking weird it didn't really bother me too much. Well anyways, I woke up yesterday morning and it was hurting.. Not super terrible but anytime I bent it, it was like someone was stabbing my hand. I figured I had slept on it weird and that it would go away after a little while. I got to work and I work a really physical job. So I was moving it pretty much constantly all day. I got home and tried to rest it because it had been hurting pretty bad. I woke up this morning after it has been bothering me most of the night and now it hurt any way I moved it at all. And I couldn't bend it back at all. I looked at it and the cyst was seriously huge! Picture is at the bottom! I'm not sure if it's grown and is pressing on a nerve or irritating my tendons... But essentially anytime I flex my hand at all, it's agony. Anyways, my question is has anyone else had any issues like this? Not asking for a diagnosis or anything just wondering if this is something that will go away on its own, or do I for sure need to see a doctor about it?