Diabetes problems

Jessica • Mommy of 3 ❤💜💙

I feel very sad today. My boyfriend is type 1 diabetic as well as today he was diagnosed with neuropathy. If you don't know what neuropathy is, neuropathy is when you lose when your nerves turn off and you lose Sensations in your feet and hands. Neuropathy tends to be very common in diabetics but it ends up as a foot amputation depending on how bad it is.

It's just very upsetting for me because he's been feeling really self-conscious lately worrying that I'm going to leave him because of the way his body is breaking down. He's only 21. I understand why he feels bad and why he scared to lose me because we have 2 kids together and we have a third one on the way. He said that he has to take care of his family that he feels like he can't with the state his body is it's wearing down on him. It is making him very depressed but he doesn't want to go see a counselor about it or go to a support group.

He also now needs to quit his job that he has because he cannot work outside in the hundred and 20 degree weather as it will make things even worse. He's finishing this week but then after this week he's not going to have employment again. Again the sense of him not providing for his family is killing him inside.

It also just sucks more because my best friend's husband was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and said in front of him that if her husband did not take care of himself that she was going to leave him just because of all the crap that she's going through with her dad and his type 2 diabetes. It just makes him feel really self-conscious and it's not fair to him to feel that way even though it's not even his fault.

I don't know what to say to him.. any advice would be appreciated