banned from all herbal tea. ???

So I know that mommas and doctors are hot & cold when it comes to drinking herbal tea, because different herbs can have different side effects, etc etc.  So as a BIG tea drinker I not only cut back the amount of tea I drink (both black, herbal, and otherwise) and cut back the types of tea to just to black tea (my one 4-6oz cup a day), decaf black tea, peppermint tea, and rooibos/honeybush tea.   All of which are on the "safer" end of the tea spectrum - and I drank these (except the rooibos) all throughout my first pregnancy with no issues. And I don't drink all of these in a day, I'll drink a few cups throughout the week.
For my first US for this second pregnancy, I got the "No No" list from the nurse. And she banned me from ALL (commercially available) herbal tea.  Reason: because they're not FDA approved. We don't know how the tea is processed so I need to stay away from them. ???  I have never heard of this before. So I checked the FDA website on what they don't approve.  While tea isn't specifically mentioned, bottled water, dietary supplements, and infant formula are not approved by the FDA.  So being that my prenatal vitamins are not FDA approved I'm finding my OB's ban on herbal tea slightly illogical.  
Has anyone else been banned from herbal tea for this reason? It's probably the hormones, but I'm definitely fixating on this 😂