my story!

I was due with our first on January 10th. I'm a teacher and had decided to finish the first week of January and start my maternity leave on Friday the 6th. My husband and I are huge college football fans, I pull for Alabama, he pulls for Clemson. We were both convinced that little man would be born the night of the championship game! There was a huge threat of a snow storm starting early Friday.. I was terrified that we were going to get snowed in and send me into labor. I called my ob on Thursday to see if I could get in for a quick check, just to ease my mind that I wasn't heading into labor that weekend because of the storm. The nurse said they were all booked but eased my first time Mom mind and reminded me how many first babies come late and not to worry! I was put it out of my mind, enjoyed a nice dinner with my husband and cuddled on the couch. I got my usual Braxton hicks, very typical, and drifted off to sleep on the couch (also very typical). My hubby woke me up to go to bed, around 11 pm, and I went to brush my teeth and get ready for bed. Going to get into bed, I felt a little gush.. I thought my bladder just leaked a bit. Went to the bathroom and it just kept little gushing. I called my mom who said to go to bed and reasses in the morning .. my husband on the other hand said we wouldn't sleep so what's the point! I was convinced they'd send us home, and I didn't want to be one of those mommas... but he persisted so we calmly drove to the hospital.. smiling, laughing and then my "joe song" came on the radio (Chris Hanson' "holding her) that always made me tear up about my hubby and soon to be baby. It played when we pulled into the hospital and we cried... I knew it was a sign that Joe was on his way! Fast forward a bit, they checked and my water had broken, so we texted and called family but encouraged them to stay home! We were admitted and told to try to rest. I was put on pitocin to get things moving. About 3-4 hours went by and I was in a lot of pain. I was already up to 4cm and decided it was time for the epidural...which was a breeze! Husband went down to get coffee and a biscuit for himself since it was now about 7 am. I was trying to rest but apparently baby's heart rate plummeted during a round of contractions. All of a sudden there were 10 nurses in my room, everyone talking at once and putting me on oxygen. That's when my husband walked back in.. turned white and sat down. Everything was fine but we had to monitor it closely from there in out. Fast forward... family arrives to be with us.. my mom was going to be in the room 😊. Baby wasn't facing the right way (called him sunny side)so to rotate him, I had a peanut exercise ball for a while. When it was time to deliver, I was told that he still wasn't faced right so they tried to help turn him but he wouldn't. His heart kept dropping when I pushed.. it was very scary! About the 4th time pushing, my doctor looked concerned. She said she recommended forceps to help deliver.. and I only had one more try before she said it would be best for a csection. I was so scared. I pushed with everything I had and little man let out a little yell... and peed all over the doctor πŸ˜‚. They set him on my chest and my husband, Mom and I all cried.Β 
What a beautiful, exhausting experience πŸ’™
Joe was born January 6th... 20 inches and 6 lbs 6 ozΒ 
It ended up snowing like crazy all weekend.. so glad he decided to come a bit earlier 😁