Admitted to L&D today at my OB appt for preeclampsia at 28w2d

Jessica
I'm so nervous and worried for my baby girl... I went in today for my two week check up and my BP was high for the first time; 167/94. They immediately did an ultrasound and Layla is growing in target, but a little on the small side. 31 percentile, 2.5 lbs. They found protein in my urine sample and I was immediately sent across the street to the hospital's labor & delivery for admittance. My BP is finally within a normal range after taking Labetalol. It's 133/77 now. They have explained to me that if they cannot keep my BP down, they will induce me (and she is currently breech, so it may end up being an emergency c-section), and she will be in NICU for a couple of months. They have started me on a series of steroid shots to help mature her lungs in case they have to take her early. I never thought this would happen to me, but I guess with my family history (mom had preeclampsia when she was pregnant with me) it was bound to happen. Anybody out there have any success stories you can share to give me hope? It's 2:15 am and I cannot shut my brain off. 😰😢