Where to go for help...

My husband and I have been TTC for 8 cycles. I am 28, he is 35. Neither one of us has any kids so we have no idea if we have any fertility issues. I was on birth control for 8 years, but have been off it for almost two years. 
I think it's time we see a doctor. Any suggestions on where to start? Do we go start with an OB/GYN or go right to a fertility specialist?