29 hours of labor, but so worth it! 💙

Kayla • Married & we had our perfect baby boy on 03/21/2015, Pierce Huntlee. He was 7lbs 10oz, & 19.5 in 💙
Our baby boy Pierce Huntlee made his arrival yesterday, March 21,2015 at 7:10am. We weighed 7 pounds and 10 ounces, he was 19.5 inches long. I was 39 weeks and 1 day. 
Thursday, the 19th, I went to the doctor, they had been watching me for hypertension. When they checked I was 2cm and 80% effaced. Thursday night into Friday morning, i started having contractions, and a sudden boost of energy. I was cleaning at 2:00 am. My contractions were anywhere from 3-5 minutes apart, variable. At 5:00am I got diarrhea which made me think that it was definitely labor. I went and woke up my husband and told him I was getting in the shower. I went to the bathroom and had a gush of fluid come out, I quickly sat on the toilet and more fluid came out. I assumed my water broke and I told my hubby. We got ready and headed to the hospital. We got there at 6:00 am and they hooked me up and I was contracting every 6 minutes. I was dilated to 3 cm and still 80% effaced. They checked my water and said it hasn't broken. I have no clue what it was, but fooled me. They sent me home at 8:00 am and boy was I disgusted. I labored at home until 4:00pm, and went into my obs office and got checked again because contractions were getting very strong. I was 4cm dilated so they sent me over to the hospital and said I wasn't leaving without a baby in hand. 
We get hooked up to the monitors and all that stuff. By 7 my contractions were getting even closer and stronger, they gave me my epidural because my doctor was coming in soon to break my water. By that time I was 5cm. Doctor came in and broke my water, which made me realize quickly how you would not be able to mistake that! Lol it's amazing how much fluid you hold. My epidural worked quickly and I was numb from my waste down. I couldn't feel contractions at all. At 11 I started to experience a "need to poop" sensation and started feeling painful contractions. My epidural was wearing off. They tried to give me a bolus of medicine several times but it was only numbing my left leg. They checked me and I was 8 cm and baby had come down a lot. Contractions were getting very intense!! They got the anesthesiologist to come back and look at my epidural. He moved the lead and got me back good again. They checked me at 1:00 and I was completely numb again doing great, dilated to 9 but wasn't getting any further. Doctor spoke to us about c section or starting pitocin to get this labor going quicker. They started pitocin because I would hate to get this far and end up having to get a c section. About an hour and a half after starting pitocin I started feeling contractions again. They checked me at 3:00am and I had dilated to 10, and it was time to push. At this point was epidural had worn off completely and I felt every bit of the pushing part. I pushed for 2 and a half hours. Finally he was born at 7:10am, he was perfect. I definitely didn't anticipate a natural birth but I had one anyway! So glad he's here and doing great.