Announcement Requirements

Kat • IVF baby born 12.5.19 after: 2 years, 1 ectopic, 4 IUIs, 2 rounds of IVF & 3 embryo transfers!! 💕 Baby #2 (surprise!) due 6.2021

Woke up to another pregnancy announcement on Facebook. I wish that at least when couples announce, they are also required to share how long they were trying so I can know what level of jealousy to have. Been trying for a year?? I'm so happy for you and you give me hope! Conceived on first try? Ugh, show me your ways!

I'm only two days away from when I told myself I could test but I already feel like I'm going to be out this month. I just can't help feeling like if it didn't happen in the first few months that I'm officially part of the struggling for years group - and I'm not strong enough for that (seriously, you women are amazing).

Knowing the stats (it can take up to a year for a healthy couple to conceive, you only have a 25% chance of conceiving each cycle) don't do anything to ease my mind when I'm still surrounded by couples who were lucky enough to only try for a few cycles. I just wish I knew when it'll be our time..