Drinking is destroying our relationship

Becky

My fiancé went through a traumatic stillborn birth with his ex, 7-8 yrs ago. He has used beer to numb his pain surrounding this ever since. We have been together 4 1/2 yrs, trying for 2 and I am currently 34 weeks pregnant with a VERY active baby girl. Every weekend lately he gets stumbling drunk and I have tried EVERYTHING I know to talk to him/help him. Well tonight, after finishing a 24 pack today, despite my doing everything from asking him nicely (as not to start a fight) to getting screaming mad at him for his behavior, he tells me he's going to buy MORE beer!!! I beg him not to, but he comes home with another 12 pack...

Well, I hid it from him! This started a HUGE fight! He actually pushed me and started throwing because I wouldn't tell him where his beer was!

He is a good man when he isn't drunk & he knows he needs help for this... but if he keeps escalating I told him I am DONE and leaving, pregnant or not, this is NOT ok! Has anyone else dealt with something like this? What did you do?