Warning: rant

Liz

After a recent miscarriage, we are keeping this pregnancy a secret until we're in the safe zone, and so I have no one to whinge to, so you guys get to be the lucky ones.

I'm 6w 3d with our first baby and for the last week or so I just feel generally crap.. like my body feels like it's in a constant unnatural state of unwellness. I'm tired all the time, I have to sit down every now and again like an old lady when I'm just wandering the shops. I'm nauseated all the time, but constantly hungry, and I'm putting on weight like no ones business. I'm dizzy all the time, I wake up in the middle of the night with the room spinning. My boobs are so sore, I can't bear to have them unsupported at any time, and I'm wearing sports bras to bed at night. My stomach is bloated and gurgles all day long and I've had explosive diarrhoea at least once a day this past week. And I can't forget to mention my fluctuating emotions.. last week I cried when god forbid I thought we were going to skip a meal, and I become a 5yr old when things aren't going my way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm eternally grateful for this gift. I have wanted a baby most of my adult life, and now I get to have that opportunity with the man of my dreams. And I fully appreciate that there are a lot of people out there who are desperate to be in my situation. But is this just what pregnancy is suppose to be like? Is everyone else going through this private hell? I kind of had in my head that it was supposed to be a 'beautiful experience' where I'm suppose to walk around glowing and be endlessly happy. Am I just a whinger?