Induction date scheduled


I'm due the 24th and baby has no signs of coming early. My insurance changes August 1st so my doctor has agreed to induce before the end of the month to avoid any insurance issues. I was hoping he'd wait until the end of the week when I'm 40+4 or 40+5 when there would still be time before the end of the month but still give baby some time after the due date to come on his own. However, because my doctor is on call earlier in the week he scheduled the induction to start the evening of the 23rd. I'm anxious to have the baby, but nervous about the induction if he doesn't come in his own. Inducing before the insurance change is saving me a lot of money so although not medically necessary it is really helpful.