delivery early *update*

Morgan

anyone else super anxious about delivering too early? my first son was born at 34 weeks and I've been told I have tested urine positive 3 times for group b strep at low but present levels. my midwife thinks it had colonized my body or at least my birth canal as well...it does not respond to antibiotics...she said this is a bacteria that can cause pre term labor.. .with my previous history of unknown spontaneous preterm birth...im super nervous. I know what being in the NICU is like for 1 month with my son...i can't imagine doing it again with a toddler at home. any other moms to be feeling this way...how do you keep your mind off of it and not stress? *UPDATE* so my midwife would like me to get betamethazone shots or steroid shots at 28 weeks just in case as she thinks preterm labor is likely. she said to research it and come to my own conclusion...as well she could answer any questions and send me for a O.B. consult. I had these when I was pregnant with my son as I was in early labor with him long enough to get them. does anyone know any side effects of risks to having the shots as a preventative or precautionary measure. what if I get them and go to term?