Any Advice Is Appreciated...

Sa

My daughter just turned 5 July 1st. For the past, at least 6 months, she's been holding her pee in until her bladder is ready to give out. She will of course wet herself at times because she waits too long. She did it at a party today for the first time ever and she was screaming and crying in the bathroom. I go running in and she doesn't even have her pants down, and wet herself. I have told her repeatedly to stop holding it and go as soon as you feel you have to go. I ask her if she has to go potty, I tell her to go potty. She just tells me she doesn't have to go and waits till its almost too late or is too late. I don't know why she does this after so many accidents and I don't know how to get her to stop. I'm hoping that because it happened at a party and not at home she embarrassed herself enough to stop. She will be starting kindergarten next school year and I'm afraid she will do it there. Kids are mean and I don't want her to be teased or remembered as the girl who peed her pants in kindergarten.